Thermography is the use of an infrared imaging and measurement camera to “see” and “measure” thermal energy emitted from an object.
Infrared allows us to see what our eyes cannot. Infrared thermography cameras produce images of invisible infrared or “heat” radiation and provide precise non-contact temperature measurement capabilities.
Infrared (thermal imaging) is an advanced non-destructive technology that allows me to show you things about your home that no one can show you with conventional inspection methods.
An infrared inspection can identify and document:
- electrical faults before they cause a fire.
- overloaded and undersized circuits.
- circuit breakers in need of immediate replacement.
- missing, damaged, and/or wet insulation.
- heat loss and air infiltration in walls, ceilings, floors, windows and doors.
- water and moisture intrusion that could lead to mold.
- possible pest infestation.
- hidden roof leaks, before they cause serious damage.
- air conditioner compressor leaks.
- under fastening and/or missing framing members.
- structural defects.
- broken seals in double pane windows.
- energy loss and efficiency.
- dangerous flue leaks.
- damaged and/or malfunctioning radiant heating systems.
- unknown plumbing leaks.
- overheated equipment.
Bob Beisbier, owner of BK Home Inspections, is a Certified Master Home Inspector who has been providing professional and thorough home inspections in southeast Wisconsin for over 12 years. Bob is Infrared certified, DILHR Certified, and provides Home Energy Tune-ups, Environmental Data Reports, Pre-sale Home Inspections and Pre-offer Home Inspections.