A complete Home Inspection from BK Home Inspections includes:
- Grounds: driveways, walks, patios, decks, porches, balconies, swales
- Roofing: flashing, chimneys, valleys, vents
- Exterior: siding, windows, doors, trim
- Garage: vehicle doors, framing, exterior, interior, electric, roof, etc.
- Foundation: grading, sump pumps, cracks, seepage
- Structure: framing, beams, walls, stairs & more
- Attic: insulation, framing, venting
- Interior: walls, doors, flooring, windows & more
- Fireplaces: hearth, firebox, vents
- Heating systems: furnaces, boilers, radiators, filters & more
- Air conditioning: compressor, coils, air handlers, heat pumps
- Plumbing: water heaters, ejector pumps, sump pumps, drain pipes, gas pipes, water pipes, fixtures & more.
- Electrical: panel boxes, sub panels, outlets, switches, polarity, grounding & more.
- Major Appliances for operation and safety.
- Bathrooms: sinks, toilets, showers, tubs, whirlpools.
- All other rooms in the house, dining, living, family, closets etc.
- Kitchens and all major appliances
A complete home inspection includes all the major components of a home including radon, CO, and gas leaks. A detailed report with photos is generated on-site for the client. A pre-purchase inspection gives the buyers piece of mind when making quite possibly the largest purchase of their lives. It educates them on the property condition at the time of the inspection.
Pre-List Pre-Sale Inspection
A pre-sale inspection is becoming more popular because it gives the seller a list of things that can be repaired before the buyer comes along. That gives the seller confidence that a smooth transaction will occur. The buyer is impressed that the seller has done his due diligence to sell a problem free property. A “Move-in Certified” sign is placed in the front yard to attract more buyers. Designed for homeowners to provide buyers and realtors with accurate information.
Thermography is the use of an infrared imaging and measurement camera to “see” and “measure” thermal energy emitted from an object.
Infrared allows us to see what our eyes cannot. Infrared thermography cameras produce images of invisible infrared or “heat” radiation and provide precise non-contact temperature measurement capabilities.
Infrared (thermal imaging) is an advanced non-destructive technology that allows me to show you things about your home that no one can show you with conventional inspection methods.
An infrared inspection can identify and document:
- Electrical faults before they cause a fire.
- Overloaded and undersized circuits.
- Circuit breakers in need of immediate replacement.
- Missing, damaged, and/or wet insulation.
- Heat loss and air infiltration in walls, ceilings, floors, windows and doors.
- Water and moisture intrusion that could lead to mold.
- Possible pest infestation.
- Hidden roof leaks, before they cause serious damage.
- Air conditioner compressor leaks.
- Under fastening and/or missing framing members.
- Structural defects.
- Broken seals in double pane windows.
- Energy loss and efficiency.
- Dangerous flue leaks.
- Damaged and/or malfunctioning radiant heating systems.
- Unknown plumbing leaks.
- Overheated equipment.
Home Air Check
Maintaining good indoor air quality is important for your health. According to the EPA, indoor air quality poses a greater health hazard than outdoor air pollution, with pollutant levels averaging 2 to 5 times higher than outside air. And with people now spending about 90% of their time indoors, exposure to these air pollutants has never been more significant.
Products and materials present in our homes constantly emit chemicals, called VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) into the air. The slightest elevation in humidity can cause mold to grow anywhere in the home—often in places that go undetected, like behind walls or in carpeting.
Exposure to VOCs and growing mold can cause a number of health issues, from headaches to respiratory irritation to asthma exacerbation. Your health could depend on knowing exactly what’s in the air you breathe everyday.
- Monitors for 400+ airborne chemicals and hidden mold growth with single air sample
- One test covers 2,000 sq. ft.
- Identifies pollutants that could make you sick
- Helps answer “What’s that smell?”
- Identifies solvents possibly used by Meth labs
- Identifies sulfur compounds found in contaminated Chinese drywall
- Formaldehyde test available (additional charge)
Here’s a few more of the services BK Home Inspections provides:
- Pre-purchase home inspections
- Commercial property inspections
- Pre-listing home inspections
- Radon testing
- Single-family residential home inspections
- Single & multi-family residential investment property inspections
- Townhouse/condominium home inspections
- Structural inspections
- Roof inspections
- Foundation inspections
- Pre-warranty expiration inspections
- Insurance claims inspections
- Radon remediation inspections
Bob Beisbier, owner of BK Home Inspection, is a Certified Master Home Inspector who has been providing professional and thorough home inspections in southeast Wisconsin for over 12 years. Bob is Infrared certified, DILHR Certified, and provides Pre-sale Home Inspections and Pre-offer Home Inspections.